March- Here Comes Spring & the NBME

 
March has been the busiest month for me during this program. I had to prepare my presentation for Neuropharmacology. My group and I worked really hard for our presentation as we were really excited to present our topic regarding traumatic brain injury. Along with that, we studied together for our cell exam as we want to finish this semester off strong. Although I had signed up with Harvest Food festival to volunteer with my friends, I immediately had to fly out to New York 3 days before my volunteer date in order to attend to a family emergency. This experience made me realize even more how Covid has affected us and how thankful I am to be a part of this program. Although volunteering was a requirement here, it pushed me to meet many new people and get to know my community here in New Orleans even better. Every experience of mine at Harvest Food Festival showed me that although everyone is busy in their daily life, the community at New Orleans takes volunteering as a very important task that they feel must be included in their list of priorities. Although I just got back from New York, I have already signed up to volunteer next week and rejoin my friends at Harvest food festival in order to show my love and care for my community here. March taught me many things as we crunched up every minute we had to study for our NBME. The stress and anxiety I was experiencing before the exam reminded me of how most of us must have felt or will feel for our upcoming MCAT exams. I was glad that I had been studying with my group for the NBME because it helped me with many aspects of the exam. I hope to study with them for the MCAT as well so that we can all achieve our dreams together! 







Comments

Popular Posts