April- How time flies!


Service Hours- 13 Hours 

Total Hours- 15.5 Hours 


School- I cant believe classes are over. This month flew by me as I prepared for our last exams and presentations. I have enjoyed each and every day of this program. Looking back now, I realize how much I have changed and developed better studying habits all thanks to the structure and intensity of the pharmacology program. The MCAT is my next challenge and I plan on tackling it mid June. After completing this program, I feel more confident and focused on how to use the next six weeks wisely. 

Volunteering- This month I volunteered at The Whole Life Center. It was not until I started volunteering there that I realized how wonderful the people who work there are. Everyone is solely there to help others in their community. We spent time weighing packing and sorting food delivery before it was sent out to homeless shelters and soup kitchens. I was so intrigued by the way people there had been coming weekly for years to help others out that I decided to bring my husband along on my next trip there. The following week when I volunteered with my husband, it was just as wonderful for him as I had recently felt. We were able to package 60 boxes of food and load it on to the delivery truck on time for it to reach homeless shelters in the community. Although, time flew by as I helped prepare the delivery, I realized that this feeling of being part of something that will help others made me truly happy and helped make a positive impact on our community. I plan to volunteer at The Whole life Center regularly now and deliver a helping hand to The Whole Life Center as it has helped me grow as a person and future doctor. 






Comments

Popular Posts