February Blog- Love for my community & school

 

Service Hours- 2.5 Hours 

Total Hours- 2.5 Hours

Volunteering- I volunteered at the Second Harvest Food Bank. It was a great experience and we were able to get multiple shipments of food sent out. I volunteered with Tracy and we were able to meet so many other volunteers who were also able to put in time to help get food sorted and shipped to our fellow community members. It felt great to be surrounded by people who were giving back to the community. The work was fast paced and everyone was energetic and ready to team up and get the job done. Our coordinator was proud of us and actually told us to leave a few minutes earlier as we had all completed the task ahead of time. Tracy and I were happy about our experience there as we had met so many wonderful people who all came out to help that day. I look forward to going there again as they were so kind and helpful to both of us! 


Studying- I cant believe February is over already. I was occupied with studying so much this month just so I could stay on top of my game! I like that I have a successful study method that works for me. I usually try to complete the learning objectives right after my class. I mostly enjoy my study sessions with Stacy and Catherine. They are really helpful and make me wish that we were able to actually meet in person more often to study and review all the material together. I am looking forward to the rest of the semester and my remaining presentations fro Advances and Neuropharmacology. I plan to balance out my time equally for the remaining of the semester as I have already set up my volunteer hours so I may give back to my community at NOLA. 









Comments

Popular Posts