Thankful for Everything

 November Service Hours-6 

Total Service Hours-12


Studying- November was a pretty dense month for me. I was able to finally work out a studying routine which worked for me. I am thankful to have found particular ways to self-study and study with other classmates. I am appreciative about how helpful the other students are toward each other. This further solidifies my love for New Orleans, as the community here is very welcoming and helpful towards one another. I enjoyed the first semester of this program, because it broke me down but built me back up even stronger. It was very important for me to find a studying method which would be both helpful and properly timed as I had previously spent much time stuck on topics I didn’t understand too well. I believe every module was very different for me but I enjoyed each and every one of them. I am glad that I actually learned so much from this semester which will help me in medical school in the future. Although I was unable to meet with some of my professors in this program, I plan to schedule zoom meetings to help me communicate with my professors more and get assistance in my medical school application process. I can’t believe this semester is over already. Although, its been a tough semester, I have loved putting in my all my effort to do well and prove myself through this program. 





Community Service- This month I volunteered with another student from the program, Sarah. We were able to volunteer at the Second Harvest Food Bank. It was a wonderful experience for the both of us. From the moment we stepped into the vicinity, everything was clearly explained to us and we quickly got to work. We were able to help package many meals for children as well as seniors. The community at the Harvest food bank were so welcoming and shared their experiences of volunteering there for the last couple of years. Sarah and I both felt very welcomed and happy to be a part of their team. We even shucked corn and packaged it to be prepared for meals later. I loved that the food bank had a clear process with their assembly line and social distancing. It felt wonderful to be doing something good and participating in an activity that would contribute to a much-needed cause especially in this pandemic. This is another reason I am thankful this month. Sarah and I both loved our experience at the food bank and will be volunteering again. 


Comments

Popular Posts